Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hi everyone

Hi everyone, I'm Pete and I'm totally new at this blogging thing, but I figured it may be one of the best and easiest ways to create an active discussion group for UNITYINCHRIST.COM. Everyone is free to post comments on this blogsite, believer, non-believer, friends, and not so friendly ones. Through the comments section you can have an honest and open discussion forum. But please keep your comments within the lines of common decency, regarding other's beliefs and sensitivities, i.e. no nasty stuff. Have any questions, doctrinal, personal, you name it, feel free to post a comment asking me. I have a varied spiritual background that spans both the Gentile and Jewish side of the body of Christ, with Sabbatarian Church of God being in the middle of those two. I spent 25 years in a Sabbatarian Church of God (observing Sabbath and Holy Days) for 25 years, then a Calvary Chapel for 10 and a Messianic Jewish congregation for 2.5 years. For a more complete explanation of this weird spiritual journey I've been on, going from Sabbath to Sunday to Sabbath again log onto:

2 comments:

rossrocket said...

I've known Pete for over 25 years and, after wandering away from God for too long now, his friendship and this web site have reminded me of where I should have been looking all along. In my life at least, this site has been a blessing.

Also, I made a comment to Pete recently and he made me think that I had a unique viewpoint on knowledge vs. faith so here it is. Just like I wouldn't punish my kid for doing his best to learn particle physics but just not understanding it no matter how hard he tried, I just don't see God punishing us if we don't understand every part of his plan perfectly. He cares about a spirit of love and obedience and a pure heart toward Him, not about whether we have a perfect understanding of everything. If I show love and put God above everything else but I think that there will be dogs with 14 eyes in heaven, is God going to say I'm not one of his children because I'm wrong about the dogs? I doubt it. So, if I believe that we are truly dead until the resurrection and that we don't go straight to heaven when our body dies, so what if I'm wrong? Is God going to punish me? I wouldn't punish my kid if he was doing his best to please me but he just couldn't understand particle physics. I would love him all the more for working his tail off just to please me. So like the scripture says (I may not have it exactly), if you being evil know how to give good things to your children, how much more your Father in heaven?

Anonymous said...

Great comment Ross. I think you summed up what Pete is trying to accomplish with his Website UnityInChrist.com. Your quote was from Matt 7:11 and if you read a little further you will notice that this is part of Jesus's great commandment to love him and love others. I summerise of course. And even our lord's statement in Matt 7:11 is a summary of all the Law and the Prophets. It is where we get Do unto others as you would want them to do to you. I think we all have unique viewpoints because we as God's children all have a special place where we will fit into His Kingdom, We will not all have the same function.Check 1st Corin 12.I myself for many years have believed that what I do not understand now, I do not understand it for good reason, even if I dont know the reason itself, one day as God sees fit I will understand. I have noticed that some things that I could not understand were because they were falsehoods and the Lord was protecting me from confusion. Generaly, if we can not understand something just read more of the scripture before the part in question and after the part in question and things become clearer. Context is important. As for being dead,Eccl 12:7 The spirit shall return to God who gave it and in Rev 6:9 about the souls of them under the altar. But as you said most importantly. Love one another.